cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 in Latvia, Im in Latvia, I use pay as you go bundle but i cant call somebody nd also do not rece

RRR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi im in Latvia, I use pay as you go bundle, so , at this time i do not use so much UK mobile phone number, thts why i ordered 5 Pounds Big Bundle... Nothing... I text text ROAM to switch  Roaming regulations, still nothing, I cant receive any cals, and also Cant reach somebody.. what can i do??? My wife have the same problem..

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36429 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide confirms Latvia is in O2's Europe zone - so could be that you are in an area with no 3G coverage (cannot find a map for that yet), which means you will need to use something like WhatsApp on yours and any other phone you want to call. If roaming data has enabled, you can use that wherever you are, up to 25GB per month for 163 days, otherwise only in places where WiFi is available, @RRR - we had the same in Germany in August, where 3G has been totally switched off.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/ may help.

Make sure your APN is set correctly too: payandgo.o2.co.uk as in here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/theroams.co.uk/amp/providers/o2/guides/internet-settings/

1000004118.png

1000007414.png

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144969 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions

@RRR 

According to this website 3g is still available, however, PAYG sim cards appear cheap enough so might be your best option.

Latvia | Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki | Fandom

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6778 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

I know one Latvian network has shut down 3G, the others are in the process, so making calls will be hit and miss

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36429 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

I know one Latvian network has shut down 3G, the others are in the process, so making calls will be hit and miss

Here is the Latvian 2G/3G Sunset status as of Mar-2023:

1000007415.png

Message 5 of 5