Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Price Rise - Ex Virgin Mobile Customers

philrichards
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have any former Virgin Mobile customers who were moved over O2 been contacted about a forthcoming price rise?

On 21 February I got an email from O2 which started off: 

"From April 2024 the monthly price of your mobile airtime plan (that's your inclusive minutes, texts and data) will rise in line with the 4.9% RPI rate. Plus, an additional 3.9% as is set out in your terms. etc

I know we were due one and the 
4.9% RPI + an additional 3.9% doesn't come as a surprise.

On 22 February I received  another email:

"Hello, Due to a system issue, we sent you a price rise notification which may not have been correct.
We're sorry for any inconvenience caused. We're currently looking into the issue and will send your updated annual price rise communication as soon as we can."

Nothing since. My worry is that the rate I'm currently paying carried over from Virgin is £9 a month - unlimited calls/texts plus 100GB data. I don't think O2 offer anything as good as that. My worry is they'll the former Virgin amount amount to something comparable O2 offer. 

Are former Virgin mobile customers transferred over going to see much bigger rises?  

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144959 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27795 Solutions

@philrichards 

Your price rise is the same as everyone gets and everyone who received the notification in February also received the correction email, but nothing heard since.

Anyway, it's 8.8% for all.

RPI - 2024 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144959 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27795 Solutions

@philrichards 

Your price rise is the same as everyone gets and everyone who received the notification in February also received the correction email, but nothing heard since.

Anyway, it's 8.8% for all.

RPI - 2024 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2