Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Payngo New Sealed Number Missing

Mitzzz999
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hello, I have recently purchased a O2 pay as you go sim card with a Gold number. It was a sealed and unused packet from a reputable seller on eBay. The sim shows emergency calls only when in a phone and has the expiry date set at 20/02/2021. I rang O2 customer services and the advisor took down my details and the sim serial number... After a short time on hold the advisor explained that the number isn't on the network anymore.

With GDPR and data protection being so strict and tight, how is this happening? Is there a fraud team I am able to contact by email to provide proof of purchase, sim packet ownership and possession of physical sim card to see if an investigation can be made and the return of the number?

Thank you for your help

Kind regards
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mitzzz999
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
They've confirmed the number was ported out from their network by security checks after I've provided proofs. Still think security needs improving at O2 but this is just my opinion.

This matter is closed.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mitzzz999 See if there's anything in this link that can help you: Fraud advice | Help & Support | O2

Have you raised the issue with the eBay seller or eBay?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Mitzzz999
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello

So far I've contacted the seller only as it is only day one, not contacted eBay yet. He is encouraging to pick another number and accepted the responsibility of not checking the number before postage, not interested in any other numbers so full refund is what I will aim for if it goes down that route.

I would prefer to get the number if possible. I felt the O2 advisor on the phone just wanted to dismiss me rather than escalate the issue too. I understand there are different parties involved... But would like to see if there is any possibility of obtaining the number since I've got the sim card and packet... Worth a shot.

P.S thank you for the fraud advice part by the way, will go through it now.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Mitzzz999 

Surely this is as simple as the item you bought is not as described, so you should have no problem getting your money back from ebay?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mitzzz999 

To be fair, this has absolutely nothing to do with O2.

You purchased an item through Ebay and it's the seller you need to be contacting. They should be offering you a refund. If you don't want another number and he doesn't refund then take up the matter with Paypal.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

Mitzzz999
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello

I agree to an extent but it's a O2 product and O2 service. I have the O2 physical sim card and packet so surely O2 can look into the history of what exactly has happened?

My aim is to obtain the number if there are any possibilities. That's my first priority which is clearly stated in previous messages.

If this can not be done then yes I will go down the refund route but I am going by my order of preference.

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There is every chance that the number is amongst a batch of stolen sim cards which have been decommissioned or possibly illegally obtained.

Whatever the reason, it's down to the seller to make recompense

For legal reasons O2 won't divulge that information to you

Message 7 of 8

Mitzzz999
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
They've confirmed the number was ported out from their network by security checks after I've provided proofs. Still think security needs improving at O2 but this is just my opinion.

This matter is closed.
Message 8 of 8