cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 OFFER OF 50 FREE MINUTES+TEXTS+DATA (PAYG) IF I TOP UP NORMALLY BY TOMORROW. HOW DOES THIS WORK?

Teresa1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I currently have £16 credit on my prepaid PAYG account.

To take up the offer described above I have to add £10 to my account balance by tomorrow.  I would then have £26 credit in money, plus the free minutes which are valid for 60 days only.

If I take up this offer, how will the costs of my calls and texts (my phone can't use the data allowance) be deducted? I see two possibilities:-

1. First from the free minutes and, if I use these up,  then from my cash balance. (If I don't use all the free minutes during the 60 day period I assume that any unused balance will disappear at the end of the period.)

2. Or will it be the other way round - first run down my cash balance until (if) it is all used up within 60 days, and start running down the free minutes only at that point? (Again,  the balance left of the free minutes will presumably disappear after 60 days).

As I don't have a data phone (smartphone) it's unlikely that I would get any advantage from the free minutes if the procedure is as outlined in (2) above. But procedure (1) would clearly be advantageous to me. Even if I did not use all the 50 minutes within the 60 days, at the end of this period my cash balance would still be £26.

To help me to see if this offer would be advantageous to me personally, I request guidance from someone more knowing than myself about how it works.

Many thanks in anticipation!

Teresa1

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Teresa1 

How this usually works is that the free extras are virtual and are used first before your bundle allowances.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Teresa1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks, MI5!

That's what I described as "possibiity 1", which would be useful to me. In the 60 days I would run down the virtual minutes. I would probably not use all of them (none of the data minutes, of course). The balance would vanish after day 60, but I would still have my £26 account credit.

You say this is how such offers usually work As you can't be categoric about this one, I will wait to see what other responses I receive from the Community before deciding what to do.

The text message making the offer states that I must top up "by 30/03/20". Does this mean that I have until the end of tomorrow before I must decide, or only until the end of today (29th)?

Regards,

Teresa!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Teresa1 

I only say normally because I don't know the specific details of your offer, but from experience, that's what happens.

You can wait to top up tomorrow but as O2's systems are running slowly at the moment, I wouldn't leave it too late.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4