cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Free 10 offer

Anonymous
Not applicable

New PAYG sim received in the post today and topped that sim up with £10. I then texted FREE10 to 21500 as advertised and had the same reply from O2 as the previous person 'it looks like this offer isn't for you' despite it being boldly advertised on the back of the paperwork the sim was delivered in.

The t&cs below the advert made no mention of restriction other than min top up of £10 for Classic sim. However looking at the t&c's on O2 website it appears this offer is not available for the Classic sim!!! 

So why was the offer written all over the back of the paper work containing 'the classic' sim and with the words 'The Classic' artisitically displayed on the front of the same paperwork too? It even givves you a deadline date tailered to exactly 28 days (the time scales specified to claim in the t&c's) after you bought the sim. Why do this if you are unable it claim it? Misleading advertising?

Can anyone help who and how I should contact for O2 to honour this 'free10'?

Thanks

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous I've had a response and it looks like there was an issue with a batch of sims that were not eligible for this offer. It's now been fixed so text FREE10 to 21500 again and it should work. Any issues please let me know. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I’ll ask @Martin-O2. If he can assist ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

Message 3 of 22

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @MI5

@Anonymous I'll see what I can find out about this offer and if it's applicable to the Classic PAYG sim. I might need a few details off you and will drop you a private message if needed wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 4 of 22

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous I've had a response and it looks like there was an issue with a batch of sims that were not eligible for this offer. It's now been fixed so text FREE10 to 21500 again and it should work. Any issues please let me know. wink

signature

Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @Martin-O2
I'll give it try now.
Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Martin-O2 It's worked. Many thanks, really appreciate your help on resolving this. Frustrated customer turned into a happy one!
Message 7 of 22

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Awesome @Anonymous! I'm really pleased that this has been resolved for you. smiling

signature

Message 8 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well done on getting it sorted @Martin-O2. Whoever would have thought it was an issue relating to a poor batch of sims.?smiley

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 22

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff Stranger things have happened!

signature

Message 10 of 22