Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number showing unknown on Samsung A51

Mzayd786
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Recently switched from Vodafone UK to O2 UK and kept the same number so I filled in the form. I then got a text stating my number had been switched I restarted my device multiple times and when I went to settings SIM card it should my SIM number as unknown it does show O2 UK however. My Vodafone SIM never did this it showed my number. I then done a factory reset and that never helped I tried taking the SIM out and putting it back in and no difference.
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144202 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Mzayd786 

O2 don't push numbers to sim cards so unless you put your sim in an iPhone and write the number to the sim, it will never show. Not that it makes any difference whatsoever.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144202 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Mzayd786 

O2 don't push numbers to sim cards so unless you put your sim in an iPhone and write the number to the sim, it will never show. Not that it makes any difference whatsoever.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Mzayd786
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok thanks
Message 3 of 3