cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I recently made the choice to switch from Vodafone to O2's new Rolling Plans. I requested to get my number ported to O2 on Friday after 5pm and on the website it says that my number should be ported over within 2 working days. Its Tuesday and I didn't get any messages regarding my porting or anything. Does anyone know what I should do?

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

PaulR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa do you have any update on this porting issue? It has been almost a week now with out use of my old number. This seems an extremely long time for a technical issue to be resolved? I need my old number restored asap. 

Also could you provide me with an email address to address complaint to please? I appreciate that issues like this can happen however O2 customer service has been lacking. I have had repeated promises of the number will port by 6pm and the customer service agent will ring me back to check on the issue. Having spoken to at least 10 different agents over the last 10 days not one person has rang me back to check if the issue is resolved. I shouldn't have to go onto a forum to find this information out. 

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

Message 21 of 32

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12154 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

o2 have a help page about entering complaints @PaulR .

Try the section under Resolver.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 22 of 32

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @PaulR I am really sorry about this. 
We haven’t got any updates as of yet but we are working through the backlog as a priority, as soon as I know anything I will post updates. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 32

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36560 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

@O2Lisa wrote:

Hi @Cleoriff .. with all the tags I’ve had this morning for port issues I’ve looked in to this and there is actually a known issue. 
The problem is being investigated but we currently have no timescales, if you could spread the word it would be much appreciated 😊

Great work tracking that down, @O2Lisa - hopefully it can now be escalated given the volume of calls landing here as well as those via Social Media and the normal CS numbers, at last! 👍

Message 24 of 32

DC3
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Lisa your response suggests that the issue has been fixed is that correct? And O2 are working through the ports they have in backlog?

Message 25 of 32

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

@DC3 as far as I’m aware yes, I’ll see if we have any further updates but I don’t think I’ll be able to get a resolution date sorry. 

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 32

DC3
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update for everyone waiting. There is a backlog of 1200 ports waiting to happen. How long they will take is anyones guess. Customer service team couldn’t say. Terrible communication from O2.

I have been given a credit on my account as I refuse to pay for the rental of mobile phone number that doesn’t work, suggest wceryone waiting asks for a credit. 

Message 27 of 32

DG82
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Lisa, Good morning, do you have any more news on this porting issue?

Like many I'm now on day 10 without a working mobile number.  The most frustrating thing are the false promises from CS, lost count of the number times I've been told it was 'sorted' and I should expect the number to work in the next 4-24hrs.

Message 28 of 32

RDK
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hope 10 days isn't what's in store for me. So far it's been just over 1 day.

Message 29 of 32

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @DG82 we are hoping that the issues are going to be resolved within the next couple of days, this was the last update I’ve received. If I hear anything else I will let you know. 

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 32