Did you mean: 

No signal suddenly

JB_2021
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I have an O2 SIM on Classic PAYG that I maintain as an emergency number as it gets signal in some remote places that my main SIM does not.

I went to use it yesterday and it had no signal at all. I can't even get a signal now I'm back at home. I've logged into the My O2 app but the app is down, with a message saying it's "undergoing maintenance" but just before it did that it showed my balance as £0.00. I usually keep a constant £20 on there so I cannot understand why it says £0.00.

Can someone help me understand what is wrong please? As my emergency contact number it's quite an important one so I really do need it to be working!

Cheers,

J

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JB_2021 

O2 no longer do Classic PAYG and haven't had this tariff for the past 2 years. The rule was you have to make a chargeable activity every 6 months. They replaced all Classic tariffs with Big Bundles https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles 

If you haven't used the phone for a long period of time it's quite likely you have lost the number. 

You need to ring O2. If it hasn't been reassigned  you may be able to get it back. All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

JB_2021
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just looking over a few other topics. Is it possible my SIM has been deactivated? Where does the credit go if that's the case? Cheers ☺️

Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JB_2021 

O2 no longer do Classic PAYG and haven't had this tariff for the past 2 years. The rule was you have to make a chargeable activity every 6 months. They replaced all Classic tariffs with Big Bundles https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles 

If you haven't used the phone for a long period of time it's quite likely you have lost the number. 

You need to ring O2. If it hasn't been reassigned  you may be able to get it back. All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3