Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No confirmation email

Ghostdogg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just this morning I purchased a pay as you go mobile phone online. The money came out of my account but all day I have received no messages or emails nothing. All it said after I paid was delivery between 8-10pm on Friday. I have seen somewhere that this is a normal process ?! And that I will get an email when it gets dispatched tomorrow. It was in stock when I ordered it. I hope I do get notified. What happens if I don't get an email ? Isn't it rather unprofessional to not inform the customer on what is going on ??
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Ghostdogg 

If the phone is in stock, you'll get a dispatch email tonight.

But, it could be out of stock as O2 don't have a live ordering system.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Ghostdogg 

If the phone is in stock, you'll get a dispatch email tonight.

But, it could be out of stock as O2 don't have a live ordering system.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 18

Ghostdogg
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the quick response. Surely they would offer an alternative phone if it was out of stock.
Message 3 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Ghostdogg They will not offer you an alternative.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Ghostdogg wrote:
Thanks for the quick response. Surely they would offer an alternative phone if it was out of stock.

No, sadly that isn't the way O2 work. Many people wouldn't be prepared to acccept an alternative phone anyway @Ghostdogg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 18

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Then tend not to offer alternatives with phones but you can always call customer services to discuss your options http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 6 of 18

Ghostdogg
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok thank you guys. I will just have to wait until the morning to see what happens.
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ghostdogg If you don’t get a dispatch email this evening then you won’t be getting it tomorrow 

Message 8 of 18

Ghostdogg
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So as it stands I spoke to my bank and the money has gone from pending to literally out of my account this morning. And still no email. Contacted 02 numerous times this morning again and there is no evidence of the order. I do however have a merchant no and a terminal no that my bank kindly gave me but good old 02 don't want that. Thinking of leaving and going over to Vodafone.
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Before you leave try checking payg sims of other networks to see if they are any good
Message 10 of 18