Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to O2 PAYG

Liz50Pin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just signed up with O2 PAYG and topped up with £10.

Received an email from O2 telling me that once I had topped up I could get an additional free £10 by sending a text to 21500 saying FREE10. This I did and got a text back saying "It looks like this offer isn't for you."

What is going on? Couldn't see any exclusions in the terms and conditions. Followed what I was told to do and got a rejection.

Couldn't face going on Live Chat. Done this twice and it was a very poor experience with woeful customer service. 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Liz50Pin 

This does happen occasionally but if you call 4445 an agent will credit your account for you. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Liz50Pin 

This does happen occasionally but if you call 4445 an agent will credit your account for you. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Liz50Pin
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you very much for helping so quickly.

I did what you advised and it worked. Difficult to get past the automated voice at the beginning but worth the effort.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Good to hear you're sorted and welcome to the forum slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Liz50Pin
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks again.

Sorry, but I have another question. When you receive the O2 sim card in the post, are you supposed to get a pre-set PIN code which can then be changed in security settings?

With the Nokia phone I purchased separately the instruction leaflet gives a pre-set security code of 5 digits which I believe protects against changing a SIM card. However, there was no pre-set PIN code with the phone which would be 4 digits and which is input before the phone can be used. 

Therefore I am a bit confused as to whether the PIN should come from Nokia or from O2.

Very grateful for any assistance on this.

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Liz50Pin 

A SIM pin is on the SIM and a phone pin is on the phone, sorry if that sounds obvious. 

To set a SIM pin Guide: How to set up a SIM pin on O2 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Liz50Pin
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You are completely right and I understand that.

Just to clarify, the pre-set SIM pin (12345) came printed in the Nokia instruction leaflet and this has now been changed to a secure number.

But the phone pin pre-set number is nowhere to be seen. I assume this is 4 digits and I imagine it is something simple like 0000 or 1234. I have tried guessing twice and now I am left with one go before being locked out.

When I messaged Nokia to ask them where the pre-set phone pin is shown they replied that you can change the SIM pin and the phone pin in security settings but that you must have the original codes to hand to do this. Very helpful indeed!

Hence my asking whether you get the pre-set phone pin from Nokia or with the new O2 SIM card.

Talking of PIN numbers I have now set this for the O2 voicemail. Was interested to learn that you get charged 3p to listen to a voicemail message. Didn't get charged for calling voicemail with previous PAYG provider.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Liz50Pin 

The O2 default sim pin is 0000.

Voicemail call charges depend on your tariff and are shown in your tariff details in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Liz50Pin
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much. 0000 is exactly what I needed to know. Couldn't see this anywhere at all on the O2 website. Everything now done for the new pin.

Tariff checked so I know where I stand.

If you are receiving no payment from O2 for all the assistance you give to people it seems like a real shame.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's all for love tongue

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10