cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim - how to transfer old sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just got an LG Nexus 5 which pleases me..

I used my old o2 basic sim, previously installed in a Lumia, in the phone and transferred contacts, music etc to it and everything is now as I like it, as it has retained my phone number and all is working perfectly.

However, Needing more data time I have a new 2GB sim and need to enable it to do the same things and retain my phone number.i.e. how do I copy an image of sim 1 to sim 2 and would this keep my phone number? I still have the Lumia minus the old sim if this helps.

How, exactly, can I do this on my PC without visiting shops , buying a sim reader etc?

1,2,3, answers please.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous you can do It online using this guide which will transfer your number to the new sim

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous you can do It online using this guide which will transfer your number to the new sim

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you have just upgraded your account you can continue to use your old sim.
There is no need to change unless you need a different size for a different phone.
The above link will only transfer your number anyway, not any photos or music.
You would need to do that through Google, but only if switching phones as a sim change won’t remove any of them from your current phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll phone o2

Message 4 of 4