cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone soon, is moving my current SIM to new phone all i have to do to keep the same number?

Siven80
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im getting a new phone in a few days, an upgrade from my current G4 play to a new G9 play.

I want to keep my current number, so can i just move the SIM to the new phone? (SIM fits and phone in unlocked).

Will i need to do anything else or will just swapping the SIM be enough?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144143 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Siven80 

Just put your sim in it as you say.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Siven80 hope everything goes ok with your new phone and the SIM. Let us know if anything else comes up that you need help with. slight_smile

Message 3 of 5

Siven80
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Turns out i need a nano sim (smallest) as my micro sim is too big for new phone slight_smile

So i have ordered a new sim from the store, then it seems i just use the swap your sim option on MyO2 account to move my current phone number to the new smaller sim correct?

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144143 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Siven80 

Yes, just sim swap when the nano arrives.

You need to start the process from your old sim though Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5