Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone not showing on my O2 website

JohnnyS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a Sony Xperia E5 phone and replaced it with a Sony Xperia L3 phone which I bought from O2 online three weeks ago (both on Classic PAYG). I phoned O2 to ask how to keep my phone number and was told to simply put the SIM card from my old phone into the new phone, which I did. However, when I look at my details online they still show my current device as the Xperia E5. The same applies to the My O2 app on the phone. Does anyone know how much longer I'm going to have to wait until the correct Xperia L3 details appear, or is there something I should be doing?

Grateful for any advice.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144135 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@JohnnyS Go to your MyO2 online and next to the name of the device you will see a small pencil symbol.

Click that and edit the name of your device to anything you want.

If you do it through the app, hit the 3 bars and then goto "Setup or change a device name."

It doesn't matter what it is as it's only for you to identify devices if you have a few on your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

JohnnyS
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but when I go to My O2 online I can't see a pencil symbol and on the app the "Setup or change a device name" option isn't there! What am I doing wrong?

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144135 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

myo2.JPG

@JohnnyS  Online

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144135 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

Screenshot_20190618-133552.jpg

@JohnnyS App

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

JohnnyS
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately, under My device on my equivalent web page there are the words "Manage your device" followed by my phone number, but no pencil symbol.

Message 6 of 10

JohnnyS
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And the wording on my O2 phone app is different from yours as well. Wonder if it's because I'm on PAYG?

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144135 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
It shouldn't be, as you can see, I have a PAYG phone on there too?
If all else fails, call customer services and they will change it for you. Some say it will update itself eventually, but mine hasn't auto updated since I changed phones around 12 months ago.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

JohnnyS
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks anyway for your trouble, MI5. I'll see what Customer Services can do. I did try them before and they suggested it would happen automatically but so far no joy!

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144135 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
No worries mate, best of luck with it.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10