Did you mean: 

New pay as you go SIM SOS only

Shanw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

My New O2 pay as you go SIM has arrived yesterday in the post and I have just tried the new O2 Pay as you go SIM in my phone, but it just said SOS only or no service. I have tried the New O2 pay as you go SIM in an other phone and it said SOS only aswell and no service. I have an giffgaff SIM and I get at least 3 bars of signal but why can't I get O2 signal because Giffgaff uses O2 too. My phone's unlocked. I currently cannto top up by calling 4444 or even see any signal bars I can just see no service or occasionally SOS only. I have good O2 signal in my area. And I am in UK yes. It's a new o2 pay as you go SIM that I ordered a few days ago and arrived yesterday. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122814 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Shanw 

You have two options. Call instore and ask them to check it out. it could be faulty as we had someone with the same problem yesterday.

Or call O2 using any number in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Even press fraud or lost and stolen as an option.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Shanw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And by the way I am using a old O2 pay as you go O2 account to post this. So it may say it was reghestered a year ago because this was old SIM which I do not use

Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122814 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Shanw 

You have two options. Call instore and ask them to check it out. it could be faulty as we had someone with the same problem yesterday.

Or call O2 using any number in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Even press fraud or lost and stolen as an option.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Shanw , sorry to hear you were having issues with your new SIM. It would be great to hear how you're getting on with this so do let us know when you get a moment. slight_smile

Message 4 of 4