Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New data rollover in my PAYG tariff.

HHGTTG
Level 3: Thinker
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

From Aug 23rd I was informed that my PAYG tariff would be changed to double up on my texts and minutes. I was also told that any data left at the end of the current month would rollover to the next month to a maximum of 4GB. Does this actually mean that if I have, say 1GB left at the end of September, my new data allowance for October will be 3GB?

Regards

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What it means is that it adds any data not used to your allowances for next month, so if you have 2gb and used 1gb, next month you would have 3gb. If you did the same the following month you would have 4gb and that's the max you can roll over too, so you could never save more that 4gb.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What it means is that it adds any data not used to your allowances for next month, so if you have 2gb and used 1gb, next month you would have 3gb. If you did the same the following month you would have 4gb and that's the max you can roll over too, so you could never save more that 4gb.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

HHGTTG
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Thanks but isn't that what I intimated? I know that the maximum I could ever rollover to would be 4GB (I am/was allowed 2GB each month so this new tariff will give me upto twice that amount providing I have unused data at the end of the current month. 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I didn't know how much you had to start with as you didn't say, so I just used those figures as an example.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

HHGTTG
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I didn't know how much you had to start with as you didn't say, so I just used those figures as an example.

Sorry. Yes, I had 2GB data and 250 minutes and 2000 texts? Forgotten that already. 

Thanks anyway. 

Message 5 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Good to see someone else keeping the old traditions alive, @HHGTTG

Hard to believe it was first broadcast on radio in 1978...

Message 6 of 6