Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM: top up not credited to account and data allowance incorrect

jillzebub
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just bought a PAYG SIM which advertised 50GB for 3 months when I topped up £20. So I called 4444 and credited £20 to the SIM. I then text the promo word FIFTY to 2424 as instructed on the SIM pack instructions. So, two problems have occurred:

1. I have registered the SIM online where it says my balance is £0? I am still able to make calls, send texts and use data though.

2. When I check my balance via 20202, it comes back as unlimited texts/calls (which surely shouldn't be the case if my balance was £0... but anyway) but only 10GB data. 

I can't even see how to contact O2 about this.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jillzebub 

You can contact O2 on any of the numbers in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi there,

Very difficult times

CALL EARLY ~ customer services 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su... 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
o2's pay as you go works on bundles now.
You pay an amount, and in exchange get a number of minutes, texts and data to use.
Depending how much you top up you get a different bundle.
So to answer your questions:
1. The money you put on the account has paid for a bundle - which is why you have minutes/texts and use data.
2. It sounds as though the additional data has not come through, but not sure if it would show in your account or you can just use it.
I am not an expert on PAYG as never used it.
Does the extra data show on the account @MI5 or is it virtual?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@jillzebub 

How bundles work here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles and your extra data is for a limited time only  and will be used before your base tariff allowance.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It won't show on the account and every time you check the balance @jillzebub it will still show as 10GB until you have used the 'virtual' data.

Message 6 of 8

jillzebub
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I understand now how bundles work... this one just isn't working.

We have now used the 10GB and have been 'cut off' (currently have access to WiFi). Not a whiff of the 50GB.

There is still no contact number for O2 that actually allows me to speak to someone at O2 who can do anything about this. 

To put this in perspective: I am 8 months pregnant and need to be able to access data for midwifery services etc. It's criminal that the only area of "customer services" still open at O2 is the sales and retentions team. That is not supporting vulnerable customers. That is exploiting people's increased reliance on data.

Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @jillzebub 

In this link there are various numbers for O2. Try all or any. People are getting through when they keep trying. Press any option whether it's the one you want ot not.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Best time to call is 8am.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8