Did you mean: 

My O2 Pay As You Go Update

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey everyone,

The My O2 team have a brand new update available that focuses on our Pay As You Go customers that adds some brand new features and functionality to the app, including the ability to top-up, add a payment card, move tariffs, and more. If you want to cut straight to the chase, then download the latest version of the app here.

my-o2-update-promo-m-short-574x2-dark-120718.jpg

So, what’s new? Let us fill you in:

• Forget topping up by calling 4444 or buying a voucher – you can now top-up directly from within the My O2 app itself, 24/7
  • Make future top-ups even quicker and smoother by adding a payment card
  • Add and remove a variety of available bolt-ons directly within the My O2 app
  • Want to change your tariff or move to a higher/lower data allowance for a particular month? You can now do that directly within the My O2 app

We expect most of our customers will be interested in the new top-up functionality. The option to top-up by calling 4444 is still available for those who want it, but the My O2 app will provide you with a far better experience. Please feel free to give it a go and let us know your thoughts – we’re sure you’ll love it.

If you’re an existing My O2 app user, you’ll already know how great it is – and with these new features and functionalities, we’re sure you’re going to love it even more.

If you’ve not yet installed and used the My O2 app, we’re offering a £5 incentive to new users who install and use it, which will be added directly to your Pay As You Go balance within 5 working days. Terms and Conditions apply.

What do you think of these new features? Let us know below what you think of the new update, and if there’s anything else you’d love to see in the future.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for the update @Chris_K

I have already updated the PAYG Top up guidelines for the community index.

However we did have someone who posted last week that they couldn't top up via the app. It was their first top up so I had to refer them back to the tried and trusted method for first top ups. ie use a voucher. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 16

Janjan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am going to find a new network this is a joke I was happy with O2 till yesterday I lost a good job my husband missed a important phone call missed my brother headstone getting put up because your network crashed
Message 4 of 16

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 16

Richie
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Tried, installed it. Cannot top up. Cannot change tariff!! Useless!!
Message 6 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Richie wrote:

So you probably need to activate it https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/activating-your-sim

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Richie wrote:

Buy a voucher for your first top up and then you will find registering for MyO2 easier.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 16

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It would be good if people that have the family Boult on on pay and go to be able to change or remove numbers by using the my o2 app.
LGreenwood
Message 9 of 16

Ank
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why does the first top up need a voucher? You buy a voucher with a credit card and then do future tops ups with a credit card....Cut the voucher out of the process. Who does it help anyway.

Message 10 of 16