Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to another network

prismatic
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an O2 PYG sim in a phone I use for work on which work colleagues and the company's customers conact me. I am also a long standing O2 monthly contract customer (25 yrs) with my personal friends/family phone.

My boss now wants to supply me with a new "all singing & dancing" phone for work use but requires me to transfer my O2 PYG number to Vodafone from whom he obtained the phone and with whom he has a business relationship.

Obviously I will be going down the PAC code route but I currently have about £18 credit with 02 on my PYG account. Is there any way that I can get a refund or have this credit transferred to my monthly account or will I just simply either have to lose it or run it down before making the transfer?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35925 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

I think O2 do not refund any balance on PAYG if you are transferring the number to a different carrier, let me see if I can find the Guide that talks to that, back shortly.

Here is one recentish answer - transfer balance from PAYG to a new contract or forfeit seem to be the options, @prismatic

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/PAYG-how-to-get-refund-for-credit-balance/td-p/1054601

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35925 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

I think O2 do not refund any balance on PAYG if you are transferring the number to a different carrier, let me see if I can find the Guide that talks to that, back shortly.

Here is one recentish answer - transfer balance from PAYG to a new contract or forfeit seem to be the options, @prismatic

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/PAYG-how-to-get-refund-for-credit-balance/td-p/1054601

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144326 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Hi @prismatic 

Notes here as previously posted by O2:

If a customer no longer wishes to stay with O2 and they have remaining credit left on their account, the credit can be refunded in the form of a cheque. The customer would need to call the pre pay team to request this.

Member Curmudgeon had a good question related to this (cheers!), so I'm sharing the answer we got with all you regular members so you have the same info. slight_smile

Q: At what point does the customer have to call to request the refund?

A: The PAYG team confirmed that the refund can only be processed on an active account. As soon as the refund is processed the account is disconnected and the number can’t be ported out to a different network.

If the customer would like to leave O2 and keep the number they would need to use all their remaining credit before porting out.

When the customer calls to get a PAC Code they are advised that if they don’t use the remaining credit before the number transfer, it will be lost as O2 can't issue a refund on disconnected pre-pay account.

So you can only port your number if you use all the credit.

If you port first, the credit is lost and conversely, if you take the credit first, your account is disconnected and you cannot port out.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

prismatic
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much for the prompt response.All of you guys were most helpful.

Message 4 of 6

prismatic
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. Most helpful

Message 5 of 6

prismatic
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics