Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Data gone - can't speak to anyone

AndyTheAnimal
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm on I think a £15 big bundle package. This month my data has been sucked up in a matter of hours and I've topped up again, but it's dwindling rapidly. 

Working from home on wifi and appreciate drop-outs occur and switch to 4g but this is something else. Given there is no live chat and no options on phone lines currently, how would people advise I try to resolve with O2, short of going in to a shop?

TIA

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@AndyTheAnimal 

All numbers for O2 in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Check the settings on your phone to see if WiFi assist is on, or something similar about switching to mobile data if WiFi is not great.
Also check if your phone is set to download updates over mobile, or if apps update over data.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @AndyTheAnimal , sorry to hear you're having issues with your data. Have you been able to find out anything more or get further help since you last posted? Any help from either CS or the above suggestions?

Message 4 of 7

AndyTheAnimal
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've turned cellular data off for a few applications given their data usage, however it doesn't account for my monthly allowance disappearing twice in a few days.

I'll monitor how that goes. My frustration was that it wasn't feasible to speak to anyone if the phone menu options were adhered to, however as needs must currently with the World.

Many thanks

Message 5 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Sorry to hear that @AndyTheAnimal !

I wonder if this would be something that our account Gurus @O2Richard or @Anonymous could take a look at?

Message 6 of 7

O2Richard
Level 3: Thinker
  • 35 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks @Marjo 

Hi @AndyTheAnimal 

I will PM you , to look  this  this for you

Thanks

Richard

Former Guru team member