cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory Requirement to top up Classic payg Sim with £10 every 6 months -- is this true?

effsweet
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I've just joined up with O2 & activated my free classic payg with £10

My belief when activating the sim was that this classic payg sim tariff only requires a chargeable event to be made every 180 days & that it remains in credit.

Am I wrong?

There is a clear statement that you need to add credit every 6 months in some of the T&C's which wasn't my understanding. New conditions were published  in October 2018 I thnk

So can anyone confirm exactly what conditions apply to keep the sim active at present.

Is it

A add £10 credit every 6 months

OR

B make a chargeable event every 6 months

OR

C Do both and add £10 credit and make a Chargeable event every 6 months

I'll be grateful for informed advice

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@effsweet You need a chargeable call or text once every 6 months and a top up every 999 days, that is all.

The website has been reported as wrong or deliberately misleading, you choose wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@effsweet You need a chargeable call or text once every 6 months and a top up every 999 days, that is all.

The website has been reported as wrong or deliberately misleading, you choose wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2