Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost sim for more then 3 months

Hassan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm an international student and I have been using pay as you go o2 sim since 15th Oct 2016, I recently lost my sim and I can't pass the security question from the calling agent of my frequent calls made during the last 3 months due to the fact that the sim was not active since I went overseas for almost 4 months.

I have my number registered to the O2 app on my phone including my email as proof that I am the owner of my sim and I also topped up my sim using my bank details as further proof.

I don't have the sim serial number with me.

Is there anyway I can claim the same number back?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Hassan

You’ll have to call customer service and pass security checks I’m afraid as this is to prevent fraud, but you could also take all your proof of ownership into your local store and see if they will accept that or maybe ask you some different security questions.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hassan If the number has been deactivated then unless customer service are able to reactivate it then the number will have been reallocated which means it’s no longer yours

Message 2 of 4

Hassan
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't think the number is deactivated, normally that happens after 6 months + the number still shows up with my in O2 app

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Hassan

You’ll have to call customer service and pass security checks I’m afraid as this is to prevent fraud, but you could also take all your proof of ownership into your local store and see if they will accept that or maybe ask you some different security questions.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4