Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone and pay as you go sim

k30lls
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I lost myn old phone and pay as you go sim (memorable number) but i need my sim serial number to allow me to swap.

I can log into my online account to top up but i can locate the sim serial  number, just an IMEI and PUK number. can i get the sim serial number anywhere else.

I tried via the live chat but they couldnt help.

any info would be appreciated.

Brian

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144222 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
Report the loss https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/... and o2 will send you a replacement sim card free of charge with your number on it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23050 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@k30lls I realise you don't have a phone at the moment, but borrow one and speak to someone in customer service https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus or call into an O2 store with your ID. Do not rely on Live Chat.You should also report the lost phone to the police.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144222 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
Report the loss https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/... and o2 will send you a replacement sim card free of charge with your number on it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 9

k30lls
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i dont really care for the phone as it was old and cheap, just want my number back 🙂

Message 4 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23050 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@k30lls You need to report the loss so the sim in the phone can be blocked. If someone finds your phone and is able to use it, they will use up your credit. O2 will issue you with a new sim with your number, which you will need to activate.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144222 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
Unless you still have the sim packaging you won't find the serial number anywhere.
O2 will send a free replacement but go through the loss reporting process as per my link above.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @k30lls, just wanted to check if everything went well with this in the end? slight_smile

Thanks guys for your helpful advice @MI5@Bambino!

Message 7 of 9

k30lls
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
All sorted. Thanks @MI5
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144222 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
You're welcome @k30lls and welcome to the forum too slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9