Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my number after switching to O2

conrad1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, last week I made the switch from giffgaff to o2 (payg, rolling monthly). I entered my PAC code on the o2 website to bring my original number to o2. On Friday morning the switch was partial, so I lost the service in giffgaff (expected), but my original number did not appear in o2 (unexpected). I spoke to giffgaff support and they told me that my original number is with o2 network now. I went to the o2 store and they told me something had gone wrong (they couldn't say what), but they did the process all over again with me and I've been told that by 7pm on Monday my original number should be there in o2. It wasn't there on Monday so I contacted them again and we went through the process again. The number wasnt there on Tuesday. It's not today.

No matter how many times I speak to support on the phone or in the shop, they want to repeat and repeat the "bring your number" process. Meanwhile, my PAC code expires on Monday, so I actually have very little time to resolve this. Is there any way I can contact someone who is able to see what the root cause is and help me get my number back? At the moment I have lost my number which I have used for 15 years.... ;-/ Do you think the complainant will help me get this number back?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

conrad1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, so this community actually works. I have my number back 🙂 Thank you @madasaf1sh @gmarkj @O2Ryan @O2Emma @pgn for your input. Big kudos to @O2Sarah- for resolving my problem! I appreciate!

Message 11 of 13

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38772 Posts
  • 242 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

Glad everything worked out to your satisfaction, @conrad1 👍

Message 12 of 13

Kelly197575
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey I have. Had the same problem, how did they fix it? 

Message 13 of 13