Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lose SIM, lose mobile phone number???

empressmittens
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've lost my payg SIM card, rang payg customer services to order a new one, just been told by the agent that unless I have the SIM card 'number' (I assume they meant the serial number...and as the card is lost of course I don't have it) I will lose the phone number as well???  I paid 50 quid for the number (so called 'gold' number) and there's still credit on it...

Is this true?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147017 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions

@empressmittens 

When reported lost, O2 will send you a new exact replacement.

Call again until you get someone who knows what they are talking about.

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147017 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions

@empressmittens 

When reported lost, O2 will send you a new exact replacement.

Call again until you get someone who knows what they are talking about.

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10656 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@empressmittens 

Just call again and request a replacement sim card, as the agent is talking rubbish.  You could always go into an o2 store with Photo ID and get a replacement sim there and then.. 

Just bare in mind that if you bought from a reseller it might not be in your name.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

empressmittens
  • 13 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Luckily I'd already registered the number to my existing o2 account (I also have 2 pay monthly contracts with o2).  

I knew the agent was talking rubbish!  

Message 4 of 4