Did you mean: 

Locked Huawei E5573B Mobile WiFi Dongle

Taz2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

In Dec 2017 I purchased a Locked Huawei E5573B Mobile WiFi Dongle.  Immediately after purchasing it I stuck a GiffGaff SIM in it, which worked fine due to GiffGaff sitting on the O2 network.

I now want to put a non-O2 SIM in the device but need an unlock code.  The advice on O2's website suggests logging into my account but it appears I either never created an account or it has since been deactivated.

How can I get hold of the appropriate department within O2 to get an unlock code for this device?

Thanks,

Paul

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Taz2 

How to unlock here Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

Numbers to call O2 if needed Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Taz2 

How to unlock here Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

Numbers to call O2 if needed Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Taz2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply, the closest to an answer here was to fill in the manual form under the PAYG paragraph but the form is for mobile phone users, not MiFi users, so I do not have the details required to complete.

This leaves calling customet service.  Shame they had to bury a phone number behind a COVID-19 support page.  I'll let you know how I get on.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

It's not easy to get through at the moment @Taz2 

but try early morning around 8.00am for the best chance.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Taz2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, just as an update, o completed the form available here - https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

It's designed for current customers and for phones so I had to enter false information to allow the form to progress. The end result was I received a successful unlock code with 3 days.

Thanks,

Paul
Message 5 of 5