Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving

ben2323
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi, I’m planning to leave O2 And I have gotten a plan with another company I am transferring my number and it will be transferred on the 20th of August However, my tariff rolling plan ends on the 18th But I do not want to be charged for renewal or a change to a pay as you go. I want to cancel it and then have my remaining balance refunded  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38217 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Removing your payment card details from your rolling plan will stop the renewal.

However, any credit balance on PAYG, as you have moved to another provider, the funds in your account will be forfeit. There is a Refund option in MyO2 for Contract, but you may not have that option in your PAYG MyO2, @ben2323.

Do read here, you may qualify for refund if PAC or STAC ( Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] ) was used to move provider (sounds like you have done this).

Read this:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/I-can-t-get-a-refund-for-remaining-balance-after-leaving...

Once your number is moved, the existing O2 SIM with that number on it goes inactive anyway. Good luck!

Message 2 of 9

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8987 Posts
  • 202 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Just to add to that guidance @pgn, texting INFO to 85075 from a PAYG Big Bundle SIM a few moments ago got me the following immediate response by text :- 

Hi, it's 02. We hope you don't decide to switch today, but if you do you'll be entitled to claim a refund for your credit balance of £xxx.xx as of 18/08/2024. If you have an active bundle on your account when you switch, you'll receive a refund that reflects the days left until the bundle expires. Your SIM Serial Number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. You'll need this when claiming your refund by calling 0344 8090222 after completing your switch. For more information about the services you'll lose, and full switching information, please go to My 02, https://mymobile.02.co.ukhnfo/. If you cannot access this link, please contact us on 4445 to request the same details via email or post. For details about how to claim a refund please go to https://www.02.co.uk/switch/

Message 3 of 9

pgn
  • 38217 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Interesting that every reference in the response, italicised, above to O2 uses 02, ie the digit zero instead of the letter "O" @Oxonian?

Message 4 of 9

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7791 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Which means neither of the links work😡 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 9

pgn
  • 38217 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

There's an aberrant "h" in the second URL, too. Presumably meant to be a "/"

🤦

Message 6 of 9

Oxonian
  • 8987 Posts
  • 202 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

I didn't expect such a detailed analysis @pgn and @Enlli ! 

I took a screenshot of the text message and then used OneNote's OCR capability to extract the text from the image and make it editable. I then deleted the amount of credit and my SIM serial number.

Hence, those formatting failures that you have identified are down to me. 👍  

Message 7 of 9

pgn
  • 38217 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Aha, the value of proofreading, @Oxonian 😎🤣

Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
  • 8987 Posts