Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping pay as you go alive outside of England

Worm3rd
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

TLDR: outside of England whats bare minimum I need to do with pay as you go to keep the phone number I was given and never lose it?

If you are reading:
First background: I’m American who will travel to England 2-3 times a year (I have a British girlfriend). I got an iPhone and a pay as you go service. I’d like to keep that number I was initially given, so that her friends and family don’t have to keep updating my number in their contacts everytime I visit 

1. I’ve seen/heard both that I need to do a chargeable action every three months and every six months.  Which is it?

2. What exactly is a chargeable action? Does topping off count? Do I need to send a text? Make a call? Use data? Keep in mind most likely when I need to do this chargeable action I’ll be in the States.  

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Worm3rd 

Top up and make a call at least once every 6 months.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Worm3rd 

Top up and make a call at least once every 6 months.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Worm3rd You also might want to look at this: Discounted International Rates On Pay As You Go | O2

If you want to call the UK while you're in the US you're better off using WhatsApp, which is free over WiFi if the person you're calling also has the app.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Worm3rd
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I use this phone only in uk. Unless when I need to keep it active. 

Message 4 of 4