Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my number from shutting down

Mint1955
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a pay as you go basic sim and don’t use it much but I really do need to keep this number active.

is there a time limit in which I have to top up to keep it active or before it gets automatically stopped etc

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Btw. The unread post issue is getting much more prevalent now......can you report that again @Marjo?

Totally agree @jonsie

Unread posts keep showing when they have been read multiple times. Time consuming and so annoying!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 30

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

Just double checked this - according to our PAYG team, to keep the number active:

• Account needs to be topped up at least every 999 days
  • At least once every 6 months customer needs to make a chargeable call or send a chargeable message

We'll pass on the feedback around the website to be looked at. 

Additionally, we're discussing the unread posts issue still with the platform provider. Yes there's an earlier topic somewhere in Discussions & Feedback where you guys were collecting website/forum problems in case you can find it so we can keep that discussion in one place. Happy for you to open a "fresh" one too if you'd like and we can keep an eye on it and update you when we have info. & Thanks for the screenshot! slight_smile

Message 22 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As we knew and said wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo

Thanks for the clarification (again)

If you could ask 'the team' to change this part of the website where it says this, I would be very grateful.

No mention at all about making a chargeable call every 6 months or topping up every 999 days.

Classic payg.PNG

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/classic-pay-as-you-go

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 30

Mint1955
  • 9 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for all the replies. 

I have now also found this on o2 terms and conditions https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/on-pay-and-go-our-service-terms-are-worth-a-read

Our Rights to Bar or Disconnect Your Mobile Phone

• 7.1. If you do not carry out any chargeable activity at least once in any 6 month period your Mobile Phone will be disconnected and you will lose any remaining credits balance on your Account. If you wish to be re-connected after this time you will be given a new Mobile Phone number.

No mention of bolt on or 999 days. 

Message 25 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Bolt on not required but the top up at least every 999 days is.
As said earlier, ignore what the website says.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mint1955The correct answer was given by our community manager @Marjo who had it confirmed yesterday

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/Keeping-my-number-from-shutting-down/m-p/1180533/highlig...

Hi guys,

Just double checked this - according to our PAYG team, to keep the number active:

• Account needs to be topped up at least every 999 days
  • At least once every 6 months customer needs to make a chargeable call or send a chargeable message

It's annoying and confusing that the website is showing wrong information. We have asked for it to be changed. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mint1955The correct answer was given by our community manager @Marjo who had it confirmed yesterday

.....and by others before that tongue

Currently using:
Message 28 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes...but we were looking for clarification again. We all knew what it was, until I looked at the website and it said something completely different.

As @Mint1955 was already confused , we added to it.

I just wish for once O2 would spend some time updating their website!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Amen to that !

Currently using:
Message 30 of 30