Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay As You Go

Topics: 530
Solutions: 11,118

Re: Keeping my number from shutting down

But obviously O2 will say differently as it creates them more revenue and they don't want people just topping up every 2 years, but they still need to service the needs of those users Smiley Wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,407

Forget the website.

The rule is, and always has been, make a chargeable call or send a chargeable text once in any 6 month period and top up every 999 days. I have my wife's old number (for sentimental reasons) and kept it active this way for almost 7 years. Not forgetting that I used to work for O2...

Topics: 677

@jonsie wrote:

Forget the website.

The rule is, and always has been, make a chargeable call or send a chargeable text once in any 6 month period and top up every 999 days. I have my wife's old number (for sentimental reasons) and kept it active this way for almost 7 years. Not forgetting that I used to work for O2...

Thats what I always thought...however you would agree the website needs changing? Nowhere can I find anything NOW about the 999 days ???

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 530
Solutions: 11,118

999 days has never been published.
It was info given to us by O2 staff years ago.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

@MI5 wrote:
999 days has never been published.
It was info given to us by O2 staff years ago.

Yeah well maybe things have changed. Either way I want to know? Pffftttt....Dance

*The Game Is On*

The O2 website is chocker-block full of anomalies.....

I think admin have asked before and came back with our interpretation. They have definitely been asked the question though.

Community Manager

Hey guys, thanks for the tag, I'll double check for you on our end and will post back once I have information. Smiley Happy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

@Marjo wrote:

Hey guys, thanks for the tag, I'll double check for you on our end and will post back once I have information. Smiley Happy

Thanks @Marjo

Please remember the information I posted was taken directly from the current O2 website....

If wrong, it needs changing asap please.

*The Game Is On*

Whatever happened to the thread in which we posted and reported website errors? Did we give it up as a waste of our time?I

Btw. The unread post issue is getting much more prevalent now......can you report that again @Marjo?

Highlighted