Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep my PAYG balance but transfer to new phone and bundle

MikeW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to transfer existing PAYG mobile to a big bundle but also get a new phone without losing my money balance and keep the phone number ?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27617 Solutions

@MikeW 

Change your tariff to the £10 big bundle in your MyO2.

The change will be applied to your current PAYG sim card.

Order the Doro online and it will ask you to choose a tariff. You can select any tariff as it won't be used and you don't pay for it at this point anyway.

When the Doro arrives, take the sim out of your current phone and put it in the Doro.

If it's not the correct size, you can do a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update which will transfer your current sim card number and credit to the new sim that arrives with the Doro.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27617 Solutions

@MikeW 

You can change tariff in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

When you buy a new phone, just use your current sim card in it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

MikeW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.

What I want to do is get the Doro PAYG deal with a £10 big bundle buit cant see a weay of keeping my existing number and balance on the existing account.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27617 Solutions

@MikeW 

Change your tariff to the £10 big bundle in your MyO2.

The change will be applied to your current PAYG sim card.

Order the Doro online and it will ask you to choose a tariff. You can select any tariff as it won't be used and you don't pay for it at this point anyway.

When the Doro arrives, take the sim out of your current phone and put it in the Doro.

If it's not the correct size, you can do a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update which will transfer your current sim card number and credit to the new sim that arrives with the Doro.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4