Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay As You Go

Level 1: Joiner

Issue receiving international SMS

I have a problem with receiving international SMS messages. I have sent an SMS from an Ireland phone (Tesco mobile ireland) to two of my UK phones, one on EE and one on O2. The EE phone received the SMS, the O2 phone did not. I talked with Tesco mobile in Ireland who told me that they can see a problem with SMS messages on the O2 network in the UK.

Topics: 661

Re: Issue receiving international SMS

@AndyMcC

No idea why you failed to receive the SMS on your O2 phone?

You may need a new sim for that phone... is the only suggestion I can think of currently.

However it may be something far more simple like a network dropout at the time you sent it. Have you tried again?

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 108
Kudos: 1,677
Solutions: 526

Is there an international bar on the O2 phone?
iPhone XR 64GB
Topics: 522
Solutions: 10,674

If Tesco can see a problem you need to report the details to O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

I have tried many times.  I have sent messages to two other phones on O2.  Not one message has been received since early December.  I have sent messages to a number of phones on other networks and all messages have been received.  There is no bar on international calls or texts.  I have reported to O2 via many formats but they have only responded by redirecting me here.

Highlighted
Topics: 522
Solutions: 10,674

@Martin-O2 ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

It has gone stunningly quiet in here.

Topics: 539
Solutions: 3,338

Community Manager

Thanks @jonsie wink 

@AndyMcC Apologies for missing this one. I'll drop you a message to get some details so we can look into this one for you. 

Check out some of the recent discussions:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Review of the Samsung Galaxy A50 - Read our latest device review by member Poppysmum.
Priority tickets calendar! 10-16 June - Check out which tickets are going on sale or pre-sale this week on Priority!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature