Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue receiving international SMS

AndyMcC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a problem with receiving international SMS messages. I have sent an SMS from an Ireland phone (Tesco mobile ireland) to two of my UK phones, one on EE and one on O2. The EE phone received the SMS, the O2 phone did not. I talked with Tesco mobile in Ireland who told me that they can see a problem with SMS messages on the O2 network in the UK.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AndyMcC

No idea why you failed to receive the SMS on your O2 phone?

You may need a new sim for that phone... is the only suggestion I can think of currently.

However it may be something far more simple like a network dropout at the time you sent it. Have you tried again?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there an international bar on the O2 phone?
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If Tesco can see a problem you need to report the details to O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 12

AndyMcC
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried many times.  I have sent messages to two other phones on O2.  Not one message has been received since early December.  I have sent messages to a number of phones on other networks and all messages have been received.  There is no bar on international calls or texts.  I have reported to O2 via many formats but they have only responded by redirecting me here.

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@Martin-O2 ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 12

AndyMcC
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It has gone stunningly quiet in here.

Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks @jonsie wink 

@AndyMcC Apologies for missing this one. I'll drop you a message to get some details so we can look into this one for you. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 12

MVSK
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I have same issue. Any chance you can help me? Been reporting to O2 so many times, different agent tried to switch off some bars on my account, but still no success. Both numbers registered to my account, do not receive International SMS.

Thank you for helping. 

Message 10 of 12