Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipad payg

Pippy203
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hello please can someone help as I’ve phoned o2 3 times now and they haven’t been able to help. I bought a pre loaded sim for my sons iPad so that he can use it while we are away on holiday and I can’t get it to work. I have the sim in and when I go to mobile data to input details I go past the first and second pages but whenI get to the terms on the last page I cannot press on ‘agree’ I make sure I scroll down to the bottom of the terms but nothing will happen. I’m pulling my hair out as I’ve paid £25 for data on this card and we go away soon. Advice would be really appreciated.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pippy203
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I’ve sorted it just in case anyone else has this problem. In mobile data I turned automatic off in the network selection and then clicked on o2. This has worked even though the network selection under automatic was also saying o2. I’m surprised no one at O2 advised me to try this.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Pippy203 

Which screen are you entering details on as the sim should be ready to go?

All you should need to do is to reset the network settings with the sim in the iPad and it should work.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Pippy203
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I click onto manage o2 account from mobile data in general settings. It then goes to a ‘current package’ page which shows the sim has 5g on then I click next. Next page is ‘create your account’ so I fill in my details of my O2 account then next page is marketing stuff, click next and go to terms and conditions and that’s where I can go no further. The sim won’t work unless I put these details in apparently.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Pippy203 

I've never had to do any of that so I'd try and ignore it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Pippy203
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I’ve tried to but it won’t let me use mobile data. I tried the sim in my mobile and as you say it just worked without me having to do anything but it won’t in the iPad. I bought one from three last year and it just worked straight away but O2 on the phone say I have to fill in the pages and have been no help. Thanks anyway for the replies
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

That's really odd @Pippy203 

In that case, I'd look for a box you need to tap on to put a tick in to get the agree button to light up.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Pippy203
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks. Something has happened. I tried the o2 sim in my phone and then went to apn settings and noticed it’s different to what’s in the same box on the iPad so I changed the iPad settings. It has now let me register so I thought I’d sorted it but I still can’t connect to 4g. This iPad hates me lol!
Message 7 of 8

Pippy203
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I’ve sorted it just in case anyone else has this problem. In mobile data I turned automatic off in the network selection and then clicked on o2. This has worked even though the network selection under automatic was also saying o2. I’m surprised no one at O2 advised me to try this.
Message 8 of 8