Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iceland mobile operators

babyboomer49
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am hopefully visiting Iceland on a cruise ship and roaming in Iceland is included in the PAYG tariffs. When I am off the ship, which networks that are compatible with O2 should I look for to manually connect to?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@babyboomer49 When you're on land, let your phone find the strongest network. When you're on board your ship, if I were you I'd just switch the phone off. If you inadvertently connected to the ship's satellite network you'd probably find your credit depleted very quickly.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@babyboomer49 Your phone will find the strongest network and connect to that. Make sure you're not roaming when you're aboard the cruise ship. Unless that's included in your fare, the charges can be exorbitant.

Roaming in Europe | Pay As You Go | Help and Support | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

babyboomer49
  • 16 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So any Icelandic operator that shows up when off the ship is OK? I intend to set it to manually connect so that it won't connect to the ship's satellite mobile network. I know what my ship's network will be called but if there are any other operators in the vicinity, they will show up as well so I just need to look up a list of telecoms operators in Iceland and choose which one to use.

Just looked up and SíminnVodafone, and Nova show up so presumably O2 roaming will be OK with any of these

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@babyboomer49 When you're on land, let your phone find the strongest network. When you're on board your ship, if I were you I'd just switch the phone off. If you inadvertently connected to the ship's satellite network you'd probably find your credit depleted very quickly.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4