Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 lite no incoming outgoing calls

Alfee248
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good evening , purchased a P20 lite for my daughter at Christmas and a payg sim , when sim is inserted it shows 02 network id with full signal and hspa but will not dial out , when dialing the number it goes straight to answer phone.... Same happens when a giff gaff sim is used (O2 network ) when using EE or Voda the phone works perfect ? Rather than switch network is there a known fix to get the 02 carrier working ? I see a few issues reported with the P20 series... (The phone is unlocked to all and is dual SIM ) many thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Alfee248 

Any signal issues reported in your area?

O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Alfee248
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi , negative , 02 sim and Giffgaff work fine in other phone... Phone is seeing the network but you cannot call the phone or make a call....
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Alfee248 

If it will work, try dialling ##002# then press call.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Alfee248
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 , cheers for your time here...##002# gives a message (Network Error ) only on the P20 lite device and on both O2 and Giffgaff Sims ..
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Alfee248 

A long shot, but, check the settings to see if wifi calling is turned on.

It shouldn't be as it's not available on O2 payg, but I can't think of anything else at the moment.......

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Alfee248
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 that's a no... No WiFi calling enabled..... I'll add... The phone is dual SIM .. It seems to be set up correctly but I don't know very much about them... Have tried the O2 / Giffgaff Sims in both SIM 1 and 2 slots with the same outcome..... I'm now thinking along the lines of 02 network compatibility with this phones set up ? Or if the phone is unlocked to all but O2 would the network name show in the Id area like it is ?
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Alfee248 

It wouldn't show the network name if it was locked, so the phone is accepting the sim card.

O2 and Voda use the same network frequencies, so in theory, if Voda works, so should O2.

The only other thing I can think of is setting the phone to 2g/3g and eliminating 4g as the issue, although all bands used by O2 are supported on both sim slots:

2G bandsGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G bands1, 3, 7, 8, 20

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8