Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get new SIM ONLINE that fits new phone same number

lnrgms
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want a SIM that fits my new smartphone but to keep the same number of my old brick phone. How do I do this ONLINE? I went to the Swap SIM page but it didn't ask me what type of phone I had so I think I did the wrong thing. Why is such a basic thing so hidden in the website? Where it says "my device" there should be an option "change device".

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@lnrgms 

You'll need to call customer service, go in store or order any free sim from here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go.

Once you have a new sim, you then fo a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 
Numbers here to call O2 Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 4445, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

lnrgms
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply.

On the page you linked I see lots of different bundle options, what do they mean if it's a free SIM I'm ordering?

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@lnrgms 

As I said, just order any of them.

It doesn't matter as you will do a sim swap and transfer all your current sim details to it anyway.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@lnrgms Even if your phone is old your current sim card may have perforations. Check it to see if you can pop out the correct size that you need.

sim card (1).jpg

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

lnrgms
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino No, it only goes down one size (to micro) and it's too big. My new phone needs a nano.

Message 6 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

It was worth a try, @lnrgms. In that case you'll have to call or go in store, as previously suggested.

Edit: Going in store is the quickest option, as they will swap your sim for you while you're there and you'll be back up and running usually within the hour.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 7