cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will a PAYG SIM account remain active if not used?

KevinThai
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I live overseas and want my PAYG number to remain active for when I visit UK. At this time I have not been able to return to UK because of the pandemic.  If not used when will O2 delete my account?  I keep an amount of top up on the number always. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@KevinThai To keep a Pay & Go sim active you need to make a chargeable call or send a text once every six months and top up once every 999 days. If your sim has become inactive while you've been away you'll need to contact customer service. If the number hasn't been reassigned they will be able to reactivate the sim for you.

All available numbers, and how to use Skype to call for free can be found in this link: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@KevinThai To keep a Pay & Go sim active you need to make a chargeable call or send a text once every six months and top up once every 999 days. If your sim has become inactive while you've been away you'll need to contact customer service. If the number hasn't been reassigned they will be able to reactivate the sim for you.

All available numbers, and how to use Skype to call for free can be found in this link: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

lucids
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is this the same for Classic P+G now?
I remember it used to be.
It now says you have to top up or add a bolt on once every 6 months.

o2 classic.JPG

Message 3 of 3