Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does a sim card last after being mislaid

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

A sim card , and a spare phone is missing, I'm wondering how long  a lost PAYG sim card lasts when it hasn't been used ?

I thought the phone and sim, previously used, were in a drawer at home. But when I came to reuse it, it wasnt there. I'm wondering how long I have to find it before the number expires.

Would it be best to use the 02 chat service for advice ?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jenny105 Report it to O2 as lost then they can bar the sim so nobody can use it then ask them

to send a new one to you. Also once you receive the new SIM card you will need to call O2 again to unblock the number. Call them via the numbers in this link. Do not use live chat 

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Lost or stolen help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/ba-p/1023988
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks pals .      For anyone who doesnt know I'm partially hearing and the partial bit is getting larger !! Phoning can be tricky hence why I use Live Chat for most things. A great service for the sensory impaired.

The phone is likely to be in house as I probably stopped using it when i went away. At least no ones topped it up for 2m.

I was trying to find the phone in order to send a text . . I also wanted to use the sim in my smartphone over Xmas.

Looks like I'll have to check every bag , pocket & drawer. The phone is a bit special as I won it via 02 Community but is very simple.

Message 5 of 5