Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do PAYG accounts remain active / live

CAMoyle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How long do PAYG accounts remain active / live? I have a PAYG account however I live in Australia and previously travelled to UK annually and topped up then however unable to to travel to the UK at the moment. I wish to keep my account live (so I don't loose my phone number) but I don't want to top up now if I am unable to use the credit unless I have to to keep it active?

Thanks

Craig

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to make a chargeable call once in any 6 month period if you have a sim that doesn't require topping up every month @CAMoyle 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to make a chargeable call once in any 6 month period if you have a sim that doesn't require topping up every month @CAMoyle 

Message 2 of 12

CAMoyle
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks, but I have had this sim for many years and I normally only top up once every 12 months so unless it has changed recently I presume that it is at least 12 months but would like to find out to keep it active and unfortunatley O2 only provides online chat support to monthly customers and not PAYG and I am unable to call from Australia

Message 3 of 12

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/on-pay-and-go-our-service-terms-are-worth-a-read

7. Our Rights to Bar or Disconnect Your Mobile Phone

• 7.1. If you do not carry out any chargeable activity at least once in any 6 month period your Mobile Phone will be disconnected and you will lose any remaining credits balance on your Account. If you wish to be re-connected after this time you will be given a new Mobile Phone number.
Message 4 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@CAMoyle Pay & Go accounts can call customer service for free on +44 7860 980 202. Just be aware of the time you call related to UK time. 8 am UK time is the best time to call, but if your account is inactive you can call with Skype.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 12

MikeH1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had my SIM disconnected even though I was sending SMS messages at least every 6 months. Are SMS messages considered a chargable call ?

Regards

Mike H

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MikeH1 

It needs to be a phone call.

Data use and texts are no longer valid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@MikeH1 

It needs to be a phone call.

Data use and texts are no longer valid.

When did that change @MI5 ?

Going to need to remember that from now on!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I think when they cancelled the Classic PAYG @gmarkj 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I think when they cancelled the Classic PAYG @gmarkj 

So not exactly recently then @MI5 !

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 12