cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long are 'Keep My Number' requests currently taking?

Mel_T
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I currently on O2 PAYG however upgraded to O2 Pay Monthly Sim Only contract online on 22nd March - received my new sim card in the mail on 25th March.  I have submitted the Keep My Number form twice now - first on 23rd, second on 26th - but nothing has happened and my number has not been transferred.  Have tried to call O2 but as this is apparently not a priority request at this time, can't speak to an actual person to sort it out.  I don't want to use the new O2 number - I want to keep my existing one - and I need to right now as this is the number that I am using for 'work from home' purposes right now - not something I can just easily change.  My PAYG number renewed today so I had to top it up with another £20 to keep it going until this get sorted out - so now I am effectively paying for two services when only need and use one! 

Please can someone tell me how long this process is currently taking?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Mel_T 

It doesn't look like they are doing them currently or in very limited amounts.

Some people have said they've waited 2 weeks already.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

O2Dan
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Mel_T 

They are normally completed within 24/48 working hours.

When submitting the keep my number form have you been doing this by the MyO2 app using the new temp number that was supplied for your pay monthly contract?

Dan

signature
Message 3 of 8

Mel_T
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Dan,

I submitted it via the O2 website.  I have submitted by entering my PAYG details on page 1, then on the last page inputting the number I want to keep, the new O2 number and also the new sim card serial number.  

I did try another time to start the request with the Pay Monthly number, entering the security details, and completing same info on final page but when I tried to submit that I kept getting an error.

Message 4 of 8

Mel_T
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the info @MI5 

Message 5 of 8

O2Sean
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi Mel,

If you are porting in from another network it typically takes 2 working days. If you are migrating o2 to o2 ie Prepay to contract then it typically takes up to 24 hours. You should be regularly switching your device off and on during these time periods to help facilitate the port. 

signature
Message 6 of 8

Mel_T
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @O2Sean - Thanks for the info - I understand the website states a certain timeframe however I am saying this does not appear to be happening at the moment.

I am migrating O2 PAYG to contract. My understanding from the information on the O2 website is I would lose service on my PAYG sim card, at this point I should put in my new sim card and switch on and off regularly until service is restored. 

This does not appear to be happening.  I have not lost service on my PAYG number at all. I do not want to put the new sim card in my phone until I know my number is in the process of migrating.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
As I said, regardless of normal time frames, it's taking days or even weeks currently.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8