Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is my mums phone using data

Trez
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've given my mum my old A5 2017 samsung phone. She uses it to make calls and to text. I've disabled and locked out any Internet type apps. She uses it as pay as you go and puts credit on it as she needs it. The last few days she's been getting messages saying that £2 of her credit has been taken off for data. She's hardly used the phone to text. The only thing I can think of is that the samsung news built into the phone, which I've disabled might be using the data. Just wondered if anyone has got any suggestions how she might be using £2 a day on data when she's not accessing anything.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions

@Trez 

Look in the mobile data settings and it will tell you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Trez
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply. We've now turned off the mobile data on the phone. We've also turned it off on all the apps. Fingers crossed that it's sorted the problem.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions

That will sort it @Trez 👍

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4