Did you mean: 

How do i get my o2 phone working for internet and phone

treez
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I bought a Samsung SM-J330FN from an o2 shop in may  2018. I payed for some internet and phone service but  it has now run out.

The phone number is xxxxxxxxxx.

I only need it for occasional phone calls, and very occasional internet and email.

How do i get it set up?

I actually also have a small mobile phone on o2 pay-as-you-go which i carry around all the time, (because its nice and small)  and this will be my main device, as i find the SM-J330 is too big to carry around often. (but the small mobile phone has no internet)

Kind Regards,

Andy

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@treez 

You may have lost the number if you haven't used it for over 6 months.

Give O2 a call on any of the numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 25

treez
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, i gave o2 a call on the number you kindlky supplied. They took my sim number and said they'd give me the £7 credit  that i had before my phone number got "disabled". But now when i turn the phone on and try and send an email from google mail...it wont let me, it says "checking info".

Do you know how to solve?

Message 22 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@treez 

Did you get your old number back? Or did O2 suggest it would be back in a few days?

The only thing I can suggest without further, info is to keep rebooting your phone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 25

treez
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

..they didnt say my number had changed.

The phone , (i keep rebooting it), still says "checking info" and wont let me use the internet.

Message 24 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@treez 

Then it's another call to O2. All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support Sorry about that, though it's obvious something went badly wrong when you spoke to them before.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 25