Did you mean: 

How do i get my o2 phone working for internet and phone

treez
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I bought a Samsung SM-J330FN from an o2 shop in may  2018. I payed for some internet and phone service but  it has now run out.

The phone number is xxxxxxxxxx.

I only need it for occasional phone calls, and very occasional internet and email.

How do i get it set up?

I actually also have a small mobile phone on o2 pay-as-you-go which i carry around all the time, (because its nice and small)  and this will be my main device, as i find the SM-J330 is too big to carry around often. (but the small mobile phone has no internet)

Kind Regards,

Andy

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@treez it would be difficult to receive a text if you had been disconnected? 

Yes that would be nigh impossible? Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 25

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

treez
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou to good members of the community.

I rebooted as kindly advised and the phone is now getting connection...i dialled 4444 to topup, i press  "1" (from the options given verbally by the automated talker)  so that i can top-up....but then it doesnt do anything.....then the automated phone call just says it didnt get an input........is trhere like a return key...so i should press one then return?

I say "Press", but its the touch sensitive screen thing.,.....i touch  "1", and "1" comes up  on the screen confirming that i pressed it, but the automated call answerer on 4444 doesnt get the "1".

Do you know what's wrong?

Message 13 of 25

MI5
  • 143428 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'd go buy a top up voucher from your local newsagents.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 25

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 15 of 25

treez
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i Thanks for your reply.....i just brought the smartphone into myo2, and topped it up with £30 on the internet...but the balance still says £0 on myo2

When i transferred the smartphone into myo2, i got sent the 6 digit code to my smartphone and i input that to allow the smartphone to come into myo2.

Do you know why myo2 still says "£0"?

I have a top up transaction  reference...

"Your top up transaction reference is CTMSO2Wclfluvorhdin5."

Message 16 of 25

treez
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK....sorry to keep asking like this...myo2 still says my smartphone has £0 credit even though i just topped it up with £30 on the web.

However, i was able to make a call from my smartphone to my  small phone......so it must have had credit...in fact, when i press "show balance" ..on the  smartphone, it says i  have £20 credit left.......the call i made was only a few seconds...so howcome i  topped up with £30 and the phone says i only have £20 credit?.....did that call of a few seconds cost £10?

Message 17 of 25

MI5
  • 143428 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
£10 of your top up would have been taken for a bundle of calls, texts and data. The £20 will remain as credit to buy next month's bundle if it's not used for calls which aren't included in your bundle. Your MyO2 will catch up and show the correct balance after an hour or so.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 25

MI5
  • 143428 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Help and info for bundles here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go#simtype=bigbundles

Currently using:
Message 19 of 25

treez
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

My O2 smart phone is again saying "not registered on network".

Do you know how i can go about putting some credit into it and using it.?

I must admit i havent used it for over 6 months. Just powered it up now.

Message 20 of 25