Did you mean: 

How do i get my o2 phone working for internet and phone

treez
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I bought a Samsung SM-J330FN from an o2 shop in may  2018. I payed for some internet and phone service but  it has now run out.

The phone number is xxxxxxxxxx.

I only need it for occasional phone calls, and very occasional internet and email.

How do i get it set up?

I actually also have a small mobile phone on o2 pay-as-you-go which i carry around all the time, (because its nice and small)  and this will be my main device, as i find the SM-J330 is too big to carry around often. (but the small mobile phone has no internet)

Kind Regards,

Andy

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@treez  Please remove your phone number. This is a public forum. You will get spammed if you don't. Go to OPTIONS > EDIT REPLY

To top up your phone, please see this link: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Top-Up-PAYG/ba-p/1156408

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@treez for occasional use, you need to be on the Classic PAYG tariff.
You can login to your MyO2 and go to tariff details and change it in there to the Classic tariff.
http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 25

treez
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks,

When i go to Myo2...it has the details for my small phone (the one without internet). Do you know how i can get a separate account for my Samsung smartphone?...or is this not possible?

Its confusing because i need 2 phones, one little one (easy to carry around) and the other the smartphone.....its the smartphone one that i need to set up the classic PAYG for.

Message 4 of 25

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@treez you need to set up a new MyO2 for the number on your smartphone. You can then access all functions.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 25

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @treez , I was wondering how you were getting on with this? Is it all sorted now or do you need any further help?

Welcome to the Community!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 25

treez
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Thanks  for getting back to me.

I tried to start up a new Myo2 for my smartphone, and typed my smartphone number in, and it said it had sent me a code...but i didnt receive it....A pop up box comes up on my smartphone saying "not registered on network"

Do you know how i can register it?

Message 7 of 25

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@treez Contact customer service via live chat to activate your SIM card first. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 8 of 25

treez
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, Thanks,

I contacted customer service via livechat......they took my SIM number...and told me they  would  send me a text within 24hrs , which i would have to reply to within a time limit.....then i would be back on the network....but its over 24hrs now, and i still havent received the text.

Do you know how i can get re-connected to the network?

The livechat person correctly said that  my phone had been disconnected through lack of use.

Message 9 of 25

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@treez it would be difficult to receive a text if you had been disconnected? 

Have you tried rebooting the phone to see if the SIM comes online?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 25