Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I forward a scam text message

Chasly
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had a scam text and want to forward it to 7725. The process given says press anf hold on the message, a option of "more" will appear, whic I assume give sthe option to forward the text. I say "assume as when I follow this process I get nothing on my screen.

Please advise how I proceed.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chasly 

It depends on which sms app you are using.

On some you have to hold on the text from the message list screen and on others, you have to open the text message and hold on the message body for one second, then release, You should then see options at the top of the screen and forward is usually a curved arrow.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chasly 

Which phone do you have?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

Chasly
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi MI5 I'm using a Samsung A21 s
Message 4 of 8

Chasly
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Bambino, sorry that was a typo I did mean 7726, but my issue is I don't get the message on my phone that the process I'm told I should to forward the text to O2
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chasly 

It depends on which sms app you are using.

On some you have to hold on the text from the message list screen and on others, you have to open the text message and hold on the message body for one second, then release, You should then see options at the top of the screen and forward is usually a curved arrow.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Chasly
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Many thanks MI5 problem solved. On my phone it came up by opening the message, then holding down, then the menu appeared with forward option appeared but not as a curved arrow, just the word. Thanks again for your help. Take care
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8