cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the device details on my O2 account?

Alan-in-Hemel
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought my wife a new iPhone and swapped the O2 SIM over from her old iPhone and transferred the settings across using the Apple smart set up. Everything works fine. I did not purchase the new phone from O2 as I could get it £70 cheaper elsewhere. However I cannot find a way of changing the device details on her O2 account. How is this done?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12096 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
You don't.
The system will update in a few days, but if it has not then you will need to contact customer services.
There is lots of advice on how to do that in the current climate on the link below:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

Alan-in-Hemel
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having trouble contacting customer services. Does it actually matter that the incorrect details are shown in My O2? Are here any downsides to this? if not then I will wait until things improve to sort it out.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@Alan-in-Hemel 

The only time it would make a difference is if you were trying to get wifi clling to work and the phone shown in your MyO2 was not compatible, but in general, it makes no difference at all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4