Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed regarding data on payg sims

StevieH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I need some advice regarding adding data to a payg sim.

My Mother is in self isolation for 3 months and i want to give her a payg mobile with data

(she doesnt have internet at home) to enable use to video call her.

Any advice?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149000 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@StevieH 

Yes, if you run out of data, you can buy bolt ons or change the tariff once a month to a more suitable one. 

If you're saying you already have a sim you can login to your MyO2 and change the tariff to the 6gb one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 149000 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@StevieH 

PAYG bundles here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go 

Just choose the one you prefer.

They can be bought in conjuction with any PAYG phone or just to use in any unlocked or O2 phone you already have. 

Amazon is a good source of reasonably priced phones.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 149000 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions
This is a suitable simple to use phone https://www.amazon.co.uk/CUBOT-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Android-Version-Blue/dp/B07SHF64DT/ref=sr_1_7_ssp...
Message 3 of 7

StevieH
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Would it be possible to add the data to an existing sim card?

Theres one offered at 6gb pm, culd i simply add it to existing sim.

Thank you for your help

Stevie

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 149000 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@StevieH 

Yes, if you run out of data, you can buy bolt ons or change the tariff once a month to a more suitable one. 

If you're saying you already have a sim you can login to your MyO2 and change the tariff to the 6gb one.

Message 5 of 7

StevieH
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank You again for your help.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 149000 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions
You're welcome
Message 7 of 7