cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has enyone else encountered this devious 02 payment system

Anonymous
Not applicable

In activating auto topup for the £15 big bundle on 2nd September for renewal on the 3rd every month thereafter, i duly noticed that 02 had withdrawn £15 on the 2nd, and then proceeded to withdraw £15 on the 3rd.. i had been informed earlier that this was for card 'verfication' purposes... which is a load of utter rubbish... if any details on a card are incorrect, the trancastion will not go any further.. No.. this is quite simply for O2 to make that little bit more interest on your money in their account. The people that think up devious schemes like this are sick. Ah well . . they seem to forget there are other phone providers out there that we can go to

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Message 11 of 18

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Time will tell.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It wouldn't be difficult to change the system at all.

No, but to change it and for it then to function correctly is possibly asking too much of O2's IT systems developers.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 13 of 18

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had it top up when my balance dipped below £10, but of course it is probzbly better to have a higher balance for a smartphone. I have had further thoughts on my account status but the O2 shops were hiding today.
Message 15 of 18

bernardcoughlan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm sorry to introduce another level of frustration but I swaggered into the rather grand o2 shop in Trowbridge today simply to buy another Big Bundle for a month..a task I have carried out every six weeks or so for three or more years, only to be met with the most convoluted Kafkaesque situation,(I won't bore you, dear readers at the moment) I've had the ridiculous 25/35ppm pay as you go bankrupt Danegeld before and won't fall into that trap again..I was happy with monthly Big Bundle..where has it gone? 

o2...can I get a months Big Big Bundle for ten quid now? Yes or No? If not,then I'll 'eff off to Carphone Wharehouse...

Message 16 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@bernardcoughlan

According to this, the £10 Big Bundle is still available?

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 18

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
@bernardcoughlan
Yes it's still available.
Ways to top up to get it here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines/ba-p/101... or add it through your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 18