cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had problems making calls today?

PawelG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It never happened to me until today when someone tried to call me and then emailed advising they couldn't get through.

I then tried to call them back and phone doesn't even rings out. Only saying Calling and after few seconds of silence, call ends. Tried to call my partner (who was next to me) and also top up O2 number and everytime the same. 

Read somewhere online that one of the reason may be problem with my carrier registering my phone and SIM to make calls and receive them. Any idea if there was a problem with O2 network today or how can I fix this? Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @PawelG 

Check these guides Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

You may need a new sim. You can get on by calling instore with ID.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @PawelG 

Check these guides Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

You may need a new sim. You can get on by calling instore with ID.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

PawelG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but it's clearly an O2 issue. Is there any email address I can contact them on? I find it very difficult to get in touch with them. Tried using chat, downloaded o2 app and it's not working. Can't call anywhere since Monday and it's getting really frustrating.

I have already missed important calls this week and can't even rearrange them! One from my garage where my car currently is, another about fixing my broadband (how ironic!) but most importantly, a mortgage call that was going to happen before BoE announcement today. 

Some of my neighbours confirmed having exact same problems.

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @PawelG 

There is no email address. All numbers to call are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support  or social media

If you message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

PawelG
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but that's very poor of O2. I am not on social media and how am I suppose to call if the network is down for another week? Very disappointing.

Message 5 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@PawelG 

Use Skype to call them here is the guide Guide: A Guide to Skype  and its free... 

A lot of companies are not using email for support its a GDPR nightmare, and its not secure.... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 8

PawelG
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry but I cannot agree with you. I cannot think of any company that I pay bills to that doesn't have an email for their customer service.

And last time I used Skype was several years ago. 

Message 7 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

EE, British Gas, most Credit Card and Banks don't offer Email support... to name a few...  

Those that still do are in the minority, and its insecure to email personal data, as email can be intercepted and is not a guaranteed method of communication...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 8