Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H+ when I should get 4G

Welshyyyyy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I just joined O2 last week (from EE), and have just noticed that where I am sitting at the moment I have H+ signal (Motorola phone)
My girlfriend is sitting next to me and has full 4G on her Samsung (also on O2)
My phone is 4G compatible, is there a setting that I need to check somewhere to get 4G?
I looked at another similar question and it mentioned to check the SIM card to make sure it has 4G on it, and it has. Anything else I can check or does it need a call to O2?

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Likely the wrong data bolt on then.
Give customer services a call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 19

Welshyyyyy
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, will call them later, is it usual to have the wrong set up from day one?
Message 12 of 19

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Happens often.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 19

Welshyyyyy
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Okay so I rang customer services last night and they removed/re-added something.. And I was told to reboot the phone after an hour and it should be okay. But it's still the same, just getting H+. I tried my girlfriend's SIM (O2) in my phone afterwards and I still couldn't get 4g even though she could. So is there an issue with the phone, or a compatibility issue?
I was on EE until I swapped to O2 and had no issues getting 4g so the phone (a Moto Z Play) is fully 4g capable. Confused now...
Message 14 of 19

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Does your sim get 4g in your girlfriends phone?
If not, your sim is faulty or the change hadn't gone through when you tried.
It usually only updates stuff like that after midnight on the day the change was made.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 19

Welshyyyyy
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
OP here... Issue still not resolved
I have had a new SIM and had my number transferred from the old SIM to the new one and I still can't get 4G.. Not sure what else to do
I've spoken to two people, and both say that everything looks okay
My phone is capable of 4G (as I had it previously when I was with EE), so any ideas why I can't get 4G welcomed please
Message 16 of 19

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
So just confirm please if your sim gets 4g in your girlfriends phone or not?
and your girlfriends sim gets 4g in your phone?

Currently using:
Message 17 of 19

Welshyyyyy
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So, to cut a very long story short (and also cutting out the frustrating hour I spent in the O2 shop trying to fix this), it would appear that O2 and the Motorola Z Play are not 4G compatible. I found one post on a forum that seems to back this up but it is also location related apparently (you can get 4G in some places but not others even though you may be in a 4G area)
Very odd
I have since tried an EE SIM, and a Vodafone SIM and get 4G straight away on both. O2 sim does not want to know when I try, so the upshot is that as Vodafone is the SIM that works on 4G in both the locations I need it I'm going over to them
Thanks for everyone's advice, it was much appreciated
Message 18 of 19

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like it's only Band 3 compatible.
O2 use both band 3 and 20 but 20 is the most prevalent.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 19